Sunday, November 6, 2016

Denim on Demim






I remember reading a book by Clinton Kelly a few summers ago called Oh No She Didn't. He hilariously explained trends/fads/styles women wear or have worn in the past that he completely disagrees with. One in particular that I can remember is Denim on Denim. Since this book was written in 2010, I don't know his current opinion on the trend, but I have come to love it.

For my outfit, I wore a pair of boyfriend jeans that are comfortable and practical. I paired it with this awesome denim shirt I thrifted while hanging out with my cousin. I love the raw hem line and the little pocket towards the bottom of the shirt. For accessories, I wore a DIY choker necklace and my newest obsessions: Adidas shoes.

One tip to keep in mind when wearing denim on denim is to contrast the washes of the denim. For instance, my top is a lighter blue than my jeans. This contrast gives the outfit depth.

My Outfit: Top-Thirfted; Jeans-Thrifted; Necklace-DIY; Shoes-Adidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS